One of my Guilty Pleasures is “The Masked Singer.” Here is a compilation of clues and guesses…
- In her family, “anonymity is a completely alien concept.”
- “Growing up in the public eye, my life was never really my own.”
- “I let other people define me, but I will never let anyone control me again.”
- She has “many sisters.”
- “In my long career, I’ve flown to soaring heights, and I’ve never wanted to stop doing what I love. Being a worker bee keeps me young.”
- “You can call me Queen Bee, but Empress also suits me.”
- Looking forward to singing to a new generation.
- “I want to see for myself that I still have what it takes to create a buzz.”
- Started singing in the 1950s.
- “Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve loved to be on stage and take on a character.”
- Picked the Poodle because, “Like me, they’re sassy, smart and best in show.”
- Has ties to San Francisco.
- “I come from a musical family, but I’m known for a different kind of talent.”
- LGBT advocate
- “To figure me out, you’re going to have to weeerk.”
- “I’m here for your honor.”
- “I’ve spent most of my life on stage, but I was never alone.”
- “Now, I pop here and I pop up there.”
- “Synchronized singing is my forte.”
- “The last mask standing is gonna be me.”
- He is or has been in a band.
- Has hosted a talk show.
- Has spent her whole life listening to other people’s stories.
- Has always been a sunny person.
- An audience is something she’s never had trouble attaining.
- “No one talks more than me.”
- Recently suffered a “tragic loss” of her “beloved.”
- “Don’t cry, baby.”
PINAPPLE (Revealed: Tommy Chong)
- Weakness: Ripens quickly
- Aloha dudes. I became the pineapple because like me they are fun, tropical and go well with ham
- Although I look happy now, I’ve been through some hard times
- After beating a life-threatening disease, this OG has decided to take things as they come
- In the background, the pineapple is washing an old 50s car. There is a Michigan license plate and a sticker that says Pipe Dream.
- I never white the smile off my face.
- Though I’ve been in the public eye for decades, I’ve always dreamed of being a singer
- Life is short man, you gotta seize the day before your life goes up in smoke
MONSTER (My Guess: Tiger Woods)
- Height: 5’8
- “I’m the monster because that’s what the world labeled me.”
- Wants to rewrite his “mixtape” to prove he’s more than just “puff and fluff.”
- “I was at the top of my game, but the game turned on me. So I retreated into my cave and took a break from the public eye.”
- When asked if he’s a professional singer, he replied, “Not to everyone.”
- Getting unmasked was a hard thing to swallow
- Had to do a reset
- Did a ride in my caddie
- I show myself my real self
- Back in the swing
- Celebrate getting my mind right
- I’m going to sing something unexpected
- Show them the whole package
- It’s gonna be fire
- I like to keep my head in the game
PEACOCK (My Guess: Donnie Osmond)
- Height: 5’9
- Has a “love of the spotlight.”
- “Putting on a show is in my DNA.”
- “It’s probably been a while since your mother had a poster of me on her bedroom wall.”
- Michael Jackson was a “dear friend.”
- “I have never been mauled by a tiger, but I have been part of a magic act.”
- Loved performing
- Exhilarated like 5 years old
- So many incarnations of my career
- Everyone thinks they know me
- Started out as a teenie bopper
- Cast in a dramatic role
- Gonna push myself harder
- I have a terrible fear of heights
- Performing on a 30 foot tower
- I have performed in Los Vegas
- Height: 5’6
- Considers herself “Hollywood royalty.”
- “I’m stepping away from my pride to sing my heart out,” she said, later adding, “In my pride, there are lots of women.”
- She believes that “true strength comes from embracing all your vulnerabilities.”
- Voice is on cloud 9
- I’ve always loved to sing
- Mask makes me feel courageous
- Using my voice to help others has been important
- You have to be strong and stand up what you believe in
- Sing my heart out
- This lion is going to win
UNICORN (My Guess: Denise Richards / Lindsay Lohan)
- Height: 5’6
- Born and raised in Beverly Hills.
- Had a difficult childhood.
- Wanted to sing as a child, but says, “Someone I admired told me I was tone deaf.”
- “They call me Bird.”
- Lost confidence because lost sheen
- As soon as I stepped on the stage I was flying high
- Restoring confidence
- Model Behavior
- Conquer my fear of singing and being judged
- Feeling victorious
- Going for the gold
- No one can ever crush this unicorn’s spirit again
- I’m not a gymnast but in the bedroom